Friday, August 1, 2008

11/13/07

Photos from the next morning. Now I can see in the daylight that Leroy is VERY underweight. His spine and withers are protruding, you can count every rib, and he has absolutely no muscling to his hindquarters at all, he is just bones. He also has a big "wattle" of skin hanging off his neck, where its obvious he had a big, cresty draft neck at some point in his life.






Leroy also doesn't have any use for humans. He won't take his eyes off me, and he watches me everywhere I go, and everything I do. He doesn't want to be caught or touched, at all. I can stretch my hand out to let him sniff my hand, but that's it. I have attempted to gently stroke him, but he just walks away. He watches my every move, and never takes his eyes off me. So I just sit on a rock while he eats for 20 minutes or so. That night, I decided to measure him for a blanket. I had my husband hold him (he couldn't catch him, but I was able to, eventually) and I tried to measure him, and he danced around and did not want me to touch him with "that thing" (a weight tape). I did finally get a kinda estimate of his size, 94", he's a big boy (or was).

No comments: