Friday, August 1, 2008

12/2/07

This week has been very, very cold, we've had, snow, sleet, ice, then rain. Leroy is smart enough to go in the shed when it rains then gets colder, but when the storms get warmer, he doesn't go inside. Smart boy. He knows how to break the ice on his tank, which I figured he would, considering the Amish don't have electricity. I continue to just feed and talk to Leroy, and sit with him when the weather is OK. I tried increasing his grain this week, but he is refusing it, so I knocked it back down again, and he's finishing it up. He is still on the VitaRoyal Untie (almost out), Nutrient Buffer, and joint supplement.




On 12/2 Sunday afternoon, Pam Sourelis contacted Leroy via distance for a Reiki healing session, communication, and Neuromuscular retraining. Pam is in Illinois, Leroy (and I) live in Connecticut.

Here is the email report she sent me:

Hi Michelle. I had a wonderful session with Leroy. It was long, about 45 minutes. He was soaking it up :-)

When he came into the room, I immediately felt his deep sadness, his tears. And the fear that his body was holding. I told him that this is his forever home. This is not a stop on the way to somewhere else. This is where he will live out his life. He melted into that news.

When I began to place my hands on him, he made it known that he wanted them on his left knee, which I held for quite awhile. I then sent Reiki energy up through his seat bones, along his spine, through his poll. I did not sense any specific problems in his spine. He just seemed to be tense overall. I then gently rocked his body from sternum and hind end, one hand on each. (This is the beauty of distance work. My arms have the reach of a giant.) The sternum seemed tight, so I let it be. I took his left shoulder in very tiny half circles; it was too tight for a full circle.

I then went to the right side. When I touched his right shoulder, I realized that the entire right side of his body was very stiff. So I began by gently rocking his body--one hand on his right shoulder, one on his right hip. When he relaxed a bit, he led my hands to the mid-point of his underside, where I coaxed his ribcage in large, smooth circles.

Having done that, I returned to his right shoulder, which was now free of tension and easily moved in a gentle circle. I then sent Reiki up through the base of his tail and along his spine, both with my hands and with three breaths. He said, "I feel so much better."

I then returned to his left side. I briefly rocked him from shoulder and hip (briefly because the nervous system quickly transfers information from one side to the other, and I had spent quite a bit of time doing this on the right side). I also did the ribcage circles from his underside and then took his shoulder in a gentle circle, a complete circle this time.

He then presented his chest to me. I felt he was presenting his heart chakra rather than his physical chest. I sent Reiki to the area both with my hands and my breath. Again, he said, "I feel so much better."

At this point, I asked him if he had anything he wanted to say. He was quiet. This was not a sullen or frightened silence, but a contented melted-butter silence. It was as though every ounce of anxiety had oozed out of him; it was as though he had completely let go of his ugly past. it was amazing. How fabulous if humans could learn to do that.

He then presented me with his face, which I took in my hands, channeling Reiki. After a few minutes, he said, "I plan on being around for quite awhile." I told him this was very good news, that everyone wants him to stay around for quite awhile.

He said, "I am good with children."

I told him that he could just rest and recuperate this winter and then maybe next summer he could work with children. He seemed satisfied with this response (which I hope was an accurate response).

At this point, I thought we were finished, and so I swept his aura, but he showed me that he wanted Reiki up through his feet and legs, and so I did that.

What a gorgeous, sensitive, loving, fabulous creature. Thank you so much for allowing me to work with him.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Be well, Pam
Reiki Energy Healing
Animal Communication
Neuro-Muscular Retraining w
ww.WingedHorseHealing.com


And here is part of my response to Pam's email:

You know whats really, really interesting? I went outside about 2:10/2:15ish, and Leroy was standing in his regular dozing spot. He wasn't sleeping, his eyes were half closed, but his ears were back (not pinned, but paying attention to behind him -- I did come up behind him, but they were like that before he could see or hear me, and stayed that way even after I sat down). I sat down on the sill of the door of my barn, where I could see him, but be sort of out of the way (damn, it was cold!! so I didn't stay long).

I sat there for a few minutes, and said to myself: "I don't see a thing" (lol). So I sat and just watched, and I SWEAR to you, I saw his body rocking! When I focused my eyes on him, his body seemed to be rocking or swaying back and forth, or front to back, but I couldn't discern when it changed, it was so subtle. But when I softened my eyes so that I could see him in relation to things around him (i.e., trees, the scratchy brush thing he was standing next to), I could tell that he wasn't physically moving or swaying. It was like an eye trick, when you focus on something to hard, it looks weird. I shifted my focus 2 or 3 times, with the same results. So that's what I thought it was, just my eyes being kinda weird from focusing too hard or something. Obviously, I was wrong. How cool is that? A couple of times I saw his head sort of bob, he would bob his nose toward his chest then bounce it back up to neutral again. He did this 2 or 3 times. He definately had a very inward look, he was focusing and processing.

This stuff is fascinating!

That evening, I was able to pet Leroy briefly on his shoulder, and he did not make even a little grumpy face at all. I just gently stroked his shoulder while he was eating his grain, then left him alone.

The next morning (Monday), I gave him his VR, shoveled his soaking, frozen elephant manure. When he is finished with his grain/VR, he always comes to me to tell me he is ready for his hay. He came right up to me, stood squarely in front of me and blocked my path. He wanted to say hello! So he stood there looking at me for a good long while, probably a good 5 minutes. Then he walked over the gate where the hay is stacked. He stood blocking the gate, so I couldn't get out. I came over and just stood in front of him, and his nose was probably a foot from me, he sniffed my hand, sighed, softened his expression. He was looking right at me, very softly. Then he squared up his feet/position and just planted himself there. He just wanted to stand with me for a bit and relax. So we did that for a bit, then I brought him his hay and he didn't get worried when I had to squeeze by him (which is good). He followed me over, I put his hay in his tub, and fluffed it all up, with my head down by the hay while he ate, which he likes, I think it is like eating with you, when you are bent over with your head down like that. Then I stroked his shoulder and rubbed his withers (as best I could with gloves on a wet horse), and he curved his head/neck around in my direction, instead of away. One of the things I've learned from Jocelyn and Dan (Sumerel's) clinics I've attended is that everything a horse does means something. Every step, every half step, ever turn or shift of their weight, every glance, it is all a message, telling you what the horse is thinking.

Then at dinnertime, the girls were all wheeling around squealing at each other and bickering over who knows what at feed time (their regular habit). I walked around the corner, and there was Leroy, lieing down! I panicked at first, because I've never seen him lie down, and it was 2 weeks before he had speck of (new) dirt on him or leaves in his tail. He slowly glanced over at me, had a little roll, groaned, took his time and slowly stood up, stretched, and looked at me like: "What???? What are you looking at ???"
=D

No comments: