Friday, August 1, 2008

May, June an July 2008

Oh my, I guess its been awhile since I've updated Leroys blog! I do hope you like the new blog on Blogger, rather than my plain old webpage I had up. It has taken me a few hours to transfer everything over here.



Anyway, so lets see, an update on Leroy. He's doing quite well! He is a very relaxed by now. There is no more tension in him, and he seems quite content and happy. He continues to wear his hooves beautifully, and they still have not needed to be touched by the farrier. He is gaining weight, but its slow. I wish he would gain faster, but I'm pumping in about all he can eat in a day. I'm going to PowerPack him next, and then triple dose Strongid and see if that helps. I have no idea what his deworming history may have been.



Leroy is also a bit of a fly magnet, they really love him. He's been wearing a fly sheet, and I have ordered him some fly leg wraps which should be coming soon. He doesn't even bother to swish them off him, and the darned things have bloodied his legs, despite fly spray. I'm not sure how that will go over, we will see. He does love to stand under the fan in the run-in though, and he does clock a lot of dozing time there.

Leroy has been becoming a civilized horse. He is being haltered to eat his gran twice a day. I slip it on over his old halter. He still played "Catc Me If Yo Can" last week, when it was raining and he was shivering. He didn't think it was such a good idea to put his in sheet on. It took a few minutes, but I did catch him and put it on. I was just more persistant than he was. So catching is going to take a bit more time than I had hoped. Oh well.

Once, I entered he run-in with Lakota's halter, to catch her for a ride. She was on the other side of the paddock, but Leroy was napping in the run-in. When he saw me with the halter in my hand, he lumbered right over, and offered to put his nose in the halter. Awwwww...... so sweet. So I obliged, even though the halter didn't fit. I stuffed his nose in it, and pretended I was putting it on the rest of the way. Then I told him what good boy he was, took it off and gave him a scritch.
Otherwise, we are pretty much "same old, same old".






No comments: