Friday, August 1, 2008

12/3/07

Tuesday morning. Guess what I did this morning? After getting a HUGE (admittedly wet and drooly) nicker this morning, fed Leroy, then brushed him, head to toe, front to back!!! He loved it, kept a soft eye and just soaked it up. I found the "magical" itchy spot, and he leaned in, stretched his neck and lip out. WAHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you just feel my excitement? It was all I could do to not wrap my arms around him and give him a huge hug.

Oh, so I got up close/personal look feel, those shoulders definately are remodeled bone, its like a shelf there that the collar was against. Left side worse than right. I can't imagine the constant, unremitting pain he must have endured. And some skin greeblies it looks like, a few bald patches and lots of white flaky stuff. VR should set that right in a couple of months.

After all this time, 3 weeks of spending time with him, and trying to pet him a couple of times a week, and after ONE session with Pam, via distance even, he has made leaps and bounds progress that would have taken many more months considering how far we were going. I am amazed, and thrilled, and overjoyed, like a kid at Christmas to have discovered a new, fabulous toy under the tree!


No comments: